In class this week, we have been talking about Materials in Science. Namely we have been talking about Reducing, Reusing and Recycling materials.
This week we made some plastic bottle flowers which are super easy to make and look absolutely fabulous (not that I'm biased).
Basically to make these beautiful flowers you need:
- Plastic bottles - 1 bottle makes 2 flowers
- Paint or permanent markers
- Glitter glue or stickers for decoration.
How to make the flowers:
- Cut a plastic bottle in half.
If you would like longer petals you might like to cut one side longer.
- Cut down the plastic bottle, dividing the bottle into petals.
- Push down the petals as far as they can go
This will ensure the petals don't flick back up.
- Shape the petals however you like
You might want to slightly round the top to give it a curved shape.
- Colour the petals in using paint or permanent marker
- Decorate using glitter glue or stickers.